Examinations: Relevant information for exams
- There will be four, closed book midterm examinations each of 45 minute
- Typically three questions on each exam. Usually one question is fairly
easy, and one question is fairly challenging.
- Rules of exam: 1 sheet of notes, last exam's sheet of notes, and a
calculator. All other resources are closed.
- Each exam is basically cumulative: Every unit builds on all the previous
- Expect the unexpected: The exam will be over material covered in lectures
(primarily), handouts, and in the textbook, but I reserve the right to
make any / all problems not look like homework problems. I expect that
you get the intuition of the key concepts from the homework; in the exam,
I want to see if you can apply these concepts to slightly different problems.
- All grades become final one week after they are returned in class.
- Exam 1: Wednesday, May 31
- Exam 2: Friday, June 15
- Exam 3: Monday, July 2
- Exam 4: Monday, July 23
- The final examination will be given during the regularly scheduled
time for the final exam. The final is scheduled for Tuesday, July 31 at 8:00am-10:50am.
- We will not reschedule this examination except for valid Institute
- You will be allowed two sheets of notes, that is you should recompile
these sheets of notes from your three sheets from the in class exams.
Homework : Homework will be assigned on a weekly basis and will be
Academic Honesty: It is the responsibility of the instructor to
encourage an environment where you can learn and your accomplishments will
be rewarded fairly. Any behavior which compromises the basic rules of academic
honesty as described in the General Catalog will not be tolerated.